1. Acceptable Use. The Site and Service consist of a collection of resources for (i) people and organizations who have registered by mail with FRAMCO (“FRAMCO Members”), (ii) individuals who have registered for FRAMCO’s employment service (the “Employment Service”) via the Site (“ES Users”), and (iii) passive visitors to the Site ((i), (ii) and (iii) collectively, “End Users”). Such resources include networking events for FRAMCO Members, the Employment Service (which consists of an area on the Site where job offers can be posted by FRAMCO Members and searched/answered by ES Users), certain membership benefits programs and J-1 visa programs, various content such as newsletters, event listings, advice and other information (“Content”), and a directory of FRAMCO Members (“Directory”), and may in the future contain message boards and bulletin boards for posting information requests, hosting threaded online discussions, and publishing opportunities (“Message Boards”). Some of these Services are only available to FRAMCO Members. It is a condition of Your use of the Service that You do not:
You understand that FRAMCO has no obligation to monitor Your use of the Service. However, FRAMCO reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in FRAMCO's sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of this Agreement. FRAMCO reserves the right: (i) to release current or past FRAMCO Member or ES User information if it believes that a FRAMCO Member or ES User account is being used to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed; (ii) to deny access to the Service to serious or repeat offenders of FRAMCO policies or this Agreement; (iii) to deny access to the Service to End Users for conduct that FRAMCO believes is harmful to other End Users or to FRAMCO as an organization; and (iv) to deny access to the Service to End Users who interfere with the design and operation of the Service without written authorization.
3. Copyright. If You believe that any information or content owned by You, has been used on the Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide FRAMCO’s Copyright Agent with a written notice (e-mail is sufficient) that includes the following information:
FRAMCO’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site may be reached using the contact information set forth in Section 8 below.
Contact Information: The mail-in application form to become a FRAMCO Member, as well as some areas of our Site, request or require contact and other information. During the application and registration process (for FRAMCO Members and ES Users), we collect information such as Your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address. Your contact information will be used to administer the FRAMCO mailing lists and provide You with mailings that You have requested, and may be used to get in touch with You when necessary with respect to the Service or the Site or for other internal purposes. We may also use Your contact information to respond to inquiries You submit to us, or to otherwise fulfill the purposes for which You submitted such information to FRAMCO in the first place. We may also share Your contact information with a court or governmental agency if required by law, as required by a court of competent jurisdiction or to the limited extent described below under “Certain Third Party Transactions”. Your contact information will be included in the Directory.
Profile Information: During the application/registration process, and at any time thereafter, you may also provide FRAMCO with additional information about Yourself, other than contact information, such as information about Your business, Your interests, Your background and products or services You wish to provide or obtain. We may use this information to better target You with newsletters and opportunities that are geared towards FRAMCO Members with Your particular profile, or to track the success of our Site and Service. Your profile information may be included in the Directory.
Directory Information: One core purpose of FRAMCO membership is to have Your contact information and profile information disseminated to interested third parties. To that end, FRAMCO makes the Directory available to other FRAMCO Members as well as to members of other chapters of the French Chambers of Commerce and Industry around the world, and also makes hard copies of the Directory available to the public (typically for a fee but occasionally, with respect to non-profits and charities, at no cost). Therefore, if you do not want Your contact information or profile information made public in this manner, do not submit it to FRAMCO.
Employment Information: In connection with the Employment Service, You will be given the opportunity to provide additional information either (i) about yourself such as Your skills, experience, age, education level, and job requirements, or (ii) about the position(s) You seek to fill, such as the sector, job requirements and qualifications. If You submit a resume and other information about yourself in search of employment, an anonymous summary of this information will be accessible to FRAMCO Members who are employers potentially interested in hiring You. Information about job opportunities will be accessible by all FRAMCO Members and ES Users. We may also use this information in aggregated form to provide FRAMCO Members with statistical information about the overall community of FRAMCO Members.
Corrections and Opt-Out: If any of Your information changes or is incorrect, or if You want to opt-out of receiving any communications FRAMCO may send to You regarding the Service, the Site or otherwise, please email Your request to firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail it to the postal address located below.
Security: This Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of information You disclose online since a sufficiently powerful attack from an unauthorized third party could compromise Your data.
Certain Third Party Transactions: We may disclose Your information to third parties we engage to provide services that involve data processing on our behalf. Such third parties do not include advertisers or marketers that would contact or solicit You. We will only disclose Your information to such third parties provided that they adhere to the same restrictions regarding use of Your information as are set forth in this Agreement.
5. Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall FRAMCO be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Site or Service. You specifically acknowledge and agree that FRAMCO is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any End User. If You are dissatisfied with any material on the Site or with the Service, or with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service.
6. Disclaimers. The Site provides links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. FRAMCO does not operate or control in any respect any information, products, or services on these third-party sites. The materials in this Site and the third-party sites, including without limitation all advice, research and other information, are provided for informational purposes only and are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied, and FRAMCO shall not be liable for Your reliance thereon. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, FRAMCO disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Site, Service and otherwise, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. FRAMCO does not warrant that the functions contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site, including bulletin boards, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. FRAMCO does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this Site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
8. Contact Us. If You have any questions about this Agreement, the Service, the practices of this Site, or Your dealings with FRAMCO, You can contact:
French-American Business Council of West Florida
2744 Summerdale DR North
Clearwater, FL 33761
Tel: 813-505-3309 or 727-791-1617
***Last updated on January 4, 2007